Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Writing Technique : Apply 42211




This is a writing technique shared by one of Excellent Teacher in my district. I have asked my students to use it and it helps a lot in intermediate and weaker students as it gives outline in what students need to write.

All my students face the same problem in writing as they can not generate ideas to write in English. So using this formula, they can manage to write.


When developing ideas, students may write about :

·         4 descriptions of a place / event / person / activity / surrounding
·         2 actions done
·         2 senses (things seen, smelt, touched, tasted or heard)
·         1 feeling
·         1 wish / hope



Example :
Last week, I went to Jinjang Waterfall (place). The waterfall was very beautiful (D1/description 1). It was quite high (D2). There were two small waterfalls beside Jinjang Waterfall (D3). There were also many beautiful flowers near the waterfall (D4). My brother and I swam at the waterfall (action).  We tried to catch a fish with our hand but we failed (action). The water was very clear (sight). It was also very cold (touch). I felt happy (feeling). I wished my father could swim with us (wish).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...