Thursday, February 27, 2014

Going Through APTIS Test


I got a letter and I was chosen to go through an APTIS test. I searched high and low in the internet to get some enlightment of what type of the questions that usually came out. My search provided futile.

So, after going through the test. Let me share my experience. I will try to remember as much as I can about the test.
Don't know why the picture was rotating itself.. huh

First, we were assigned a computer each, with a headset. After the briefing, we started our APTIS test. The test took about 3 hours. There are time allocated at each slots but we can stop to go toilet at each gap. We were given a piece of paper that have our own key code for each slot.

I started with Grammar and Vocabulary test. The grammar tested our grammar skills on tenses, subject verb agreement, part of speech. While the vocabulary test on synonym, fill in the blanks with suitable words, contextual clues and so on. There was timing on screen, I already forgot how long the test, maybe 25 minutes.

Secondly was the Listening test. We have to test our headset first before proceeded to the test page. No timing on the screen. It was like the CPT test, we have to answer one question on each and we can listen twice. The last audio can only be heard once and we have to select on 3 answers given.

Thirdly, the reading test. First question I have to arrange the sentences to form a short story. Second question to fill in the blanks and the answers were given, Third question to identify the main ideas from each paragraph. Select the answers from the drop down answers. The last question was using the same text in the third task but now I was given incorrect statements and then I have to rearrange the incorrect statement according to the right paragraph. I lost my head completely and this was my least confidence answer.

I already felt drained at this moment. Went to toilet for a moment to take a leak, freshen my face and have a good stretch. many primary students were just finish their PJK and most of them greeted me with Salam.

Fourthly,  was the speaking test, we have to test the microphone first. Our answers will be recorded. The first question we have to answer 3 questions about ourself. Second question is to describe a picture. Then another questions to give opinions relating the picture. Each questions 45 seconds. Third question was to compare 2 pictures and then gave opinions on which picture was the best. Last question was a pictures, have to answer 3 questions given at the same time. We can jotted down the points if we wanted to. thinking time 1 minutes then answering time 2 minutes. I just talked in circle.. huh..

The last one was writing test. First task was to fill in a simple application form of a cooking class. Second task was to give reasons in paragraph on why we applying for the cooking class. Thirdly, chat room where we have to answer 3 questions. The last task to write 2 emails regarding a problem given about the cooking class. First email required 50 words. Second email required 120 words.

Viola... The end.. Don know when we will get the result.



4 comments:

  1. I do facing the same situation. can't fine how to check the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. i also don't know my result. but starting two days ago, e can check our CPT result. though it only tell us whether we achieve C1 / C2 or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone knw hw to check our result?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear anonymous,
      I also did not get any information about our APTIS result. My conclusion was if we checked the CPT result or didn't get the confirmation letter through our school that stated we got C1/C2, so we got either B or A band.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...